Unemployment Transition Program for COVID-19 Job Loss
COVID-19 has resulted in loss of life and livelihood. We know the statistics- at the peak, over 44 million people unemployed and as of today, over 150,000 lives lost. To combat these two pandemics, because I said I would is launching our new Unemployment Transition Program for COVID-19 Job Loss.
The goal of this program is to improve mental health outcomes by providing individuals with skills training that builds resiliency and leads to life-sustaining employment. Participants will partake in:
- 8 weeks of interactive leadership workshops focused on developing social-emotional skills
- Weekly accountability groups which will provide support and networking
- A capstone project focused on helping bereaved families who have lost someone to COVID-19
Key Program Elements
Weekly livestreams with our founder, Alex Sheen, as the primary instructor. Alex is a five-time TEDxTalk speaker, author, podcast host, and internationally-recognized humanitarian who will present research-driven workshops with insight from professionals on our Career Placement and Mental Health Advisory Committees.
Exciting and relevant personal development topics such as: “Limiting Beliefs and How they Interfere with Success”, “Effective Communication: The Importance of Word Choice”, and “Creating a Code of Honor to Help with Decision Making”
Peer-led accountability groups that provide encouragement as you navigate through the uncertainties of unemployment and support in finding your next career move. Work toward your goals with group support and tools like our promise planner.
Capstone Project focused on giving participants a sense of purpose while helping a bereaved family who has lost a loved one due to COVID-19. Participants in our program will use their individual skills and creativity to support someone who is also dealing with loss in their lives. Each participant will complete a service project to help a bereaved family.
Point system designed to help improve mental health and job readiness skills. Our point program allows you to reach program requirements by completing meaningful tasks and assignments designed to help improve your mental health, job preparedness and personal finances. Choose tasks based on what areas you need help with. Tasks include attending technology training workshops, help with updating your resume and Linkedin profiles, and self care exercises designed to help with mental health.
Our Unemployment Transition Program for COVID-19 Job Loss will begin Fall 2020 and is open to US residents only. Our program requires all participants to have access to the following technology: 1. Internet connection, 2. Working laptop, tablet or smartphone, and 3. a gmail account (free to set up).
- If you are a part of an organization that would like to offer our program to former employees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are interested in sponsoring a participant in our program by covering their program fee, please fill out the Program Sponsorship Interest Form HERE.
- If you are unemployed and interested in becoming a program participant, please fill out the interest form below. You will receive more detailed information on the program cost, structure and fee.