COVID-19 has resulted in loss of life and livelihood. We know the statistics- at the peak, over 45 million people unemployed and over 200,000 lives lost. To combat these two pandemics, because I said I would is launching our new Unemployment Transition Program for COVID-19 Job Loss.
More than 45 million Americans have filed initial unemployment claims during the coronavirus pandemic, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
COVID-19 leads to unprecedented job loss
Unemployment has been shown to increase mental health issues in individuals, leaving them feeling hopeless and overwhelmed. Our certificate program aims to combat these negative feelings and prepare participants for their next career move.
The goal of this program is to improve mental health outcomes by providing individuals with skills training that builds resiliency and leads to life-sustaining employment.
Participants will partake in:
- 8 weeks of interactive leadership workshops focused on developing social-emotional skills
- Weekly accountability groups which will provide support and networking
- A capstone project focused on helping bereaved families who have lost someone to COVID-19
Rising Death Toll Leaves Millions Bereaved
More than 200,000 Americans have died from COVID-19 so far during the pandemic, leaving behind millions of families and friends grieving.
Capstone: COVID-19 Bereavement
The loss of a loved one is difficult at any time, but losing a loved one during COVID-19 has resulted in especially stressful and burdensome mental health issues. Participants in our unemployment program will design a capstone project that supports bereaved families, giving themselves a sense of purpose and improving their own mental health in the process.
Our Unemployment Transition Program for COVID-19 Job Loss will begin Fall 2020 and is open to US residents only. Our program requires all participants to have access to the following technology: 1. Internet connection, 2. Working laptop, tablet or smartphone, and 3. a gmail account (free to set up).
- If you are a part of an organization that would like to offer our program to former employees, please email email@example.com.
- If you are interested in sponsoring a participant in our program by covering their program fee, please fill out the Program Sponsorship Interest Form HERE.
- If you are unemployed and interested in becoming a program participant, please fill out the enrollment form below. You will receive more detailed information on the program.
Registration Now OpenNext Session Starts:
Full scholarships are available now. Reserve your spot today to qualify!