The Board of Directors support the work of because I said I would and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by because I said I would’s Founder, the Board-Founder relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. We are currently seeking board volunteer leaders with professional experience in marketing, law and finance. In addition, business, government, philanthropy, and the nonprofit sector. If you are interested in a board position, please fill out the form below.
Current Board Members
Nate FletcherNate Fletcher has spent over 15 years working in healthcare IT and currently serves as Director of Operations for Vital Software, which focuses on artificial intelligence in Emergency Medicine. Prior to this role, he served at Stericycle Communications, and GetWellNetwork, where he first heard Alex Sheen speak at a conference. Nate joins us from Denver Colorado, where he lives with his wife, yellow lab, and two small children. When he’s spending time with his family, he can be found on the ski slopes, cooking, or playing his guitar. He holds a bachelor’s in arts from Vanderbilt University and originally hails from the ocean state, Rhode Island.
Kevin MatthewsKevin Matthews is the Founder and President of Noble Accounting LLC (www.nobleaccountingllc.com), a firm that specializes in providing accounting and CFO services to nonprofits. Kevin has over 20 years of experience as a nonprofit CFO and combines that with his love of technology to bring the latest cloud-based accounting systems to his clients. Kevin and his entire team are committed to the nonprofit community and strive to provide excellent service to a sector that has traditionally been under-served. Since the inception of Noble Accounting in 2015, the firm has won the Best of Accounting award for 6 consecutive years despite the award being given to less than 1% of firms nationally each year. Kevin is a Fellow of the Chartered Certified Accountants and a Certified Fraud Examiner. He is a dual citizen of Great Britain and the United States, and considers himself to be fluent in both English and American.
Brad Levin is a Managing Director and Senior Wealth Advisor at The Colony Group. He brings nearly 30
years of experience as a financial advisor and many years as a business owner prior to joining the firm.
Brad was the founder of Legacy Wealth Partners, a boutique wealth management firm in Calabasas, CA, prior to merging with The Colony Group in 2021. Previously, he was a Vice President and financial advisor with The Householder Group and a financial advisor at Kavesh and Gau.
Brad graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara with Bachelor of Science degree in Business Economics. He holds the designations of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and Chartered Market Technician®, making him one of a small number of financial professionals to hold both these designations.
Brad currently lives in Calabasas with his wife, Jennifer, and their four children. His time away from the office is devoted to family, traveling, and engaging in physical activities of all types. Blessed in his career and passionate about positively impacting the lives of others, Brad supports a number of local and national charities.
Open Board Positions
We are currently seeking volunteer board leaders with professional experience in marketing, law, finance, business, government, philanthropy, and the nonprofit sector.
Job Title: Board Member Location: Rocky River, Ohio/Remote Work hours: 4 Quarterly Board meetings and quarterly calls with Founder.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Founder as he develops and implements because I said I would’s programs, campaigns and initiatives.
- Review outcomes and metrics for the organization’s impact and effectiveness.
- Approve because I said I would annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Contribute to an annual performance evaluation of the Founder.
- Assist the Founder/CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other board members.
- Partner with the Founder and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are accomplished.
- Serve on committees or task forces and take on special assignments.
- Represent because I said I would to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization.
- Ensure because I said I would’s responsibility to a diverse and well-rounded Board of Directors and Associate Board, reflecting the various populations that the organization serves.
- Board members will consider because I said I would a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority.
- Assist with soliciting contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals.
- Board members must make an annual contribution of at least $10,000
Recruiting New Board Members
- Through networking opportunities, board members should be on the lookout for potential new board members who would bring additional knowledge, talent, experiences, and perspective to the board.
- They should educate and inform prospective board members about the work of the board and invite them to board meetings and other organizational activities.
- Board members should suggest possible candidates to the board as openings arise.
Because I said I would’s Board Members will serve a three-year term and can be eligible for one additional three-year term. Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings (when applicable) will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about because I said I would’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected members will have achieved leadership stature in a business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing board members. Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional finance, marketing or law experience in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
- A commitment to and understanding of because I said I would’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Personal qualities of accountability integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of because I said I would’s beneficiaries.
- Ability to make and keep a promise.
Board of Directors
If you are interested in a board position, please fill out the form below.