The Board of Directors support the work of because I said I would and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by because I said I would’s Founder, the Board-Founder relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
We are currently seeking board volunteer leaders with professional experience in marketing, law and finance. In addition, business, government, philanthropy, and the nonprofit sector.
If you are interested in a board position, please fill out the form below.
Current Board Members
Co-Founder, APCO Holdings
A life-long entrepreneur, MJ is a co-founder of Accelion, a company that builds, maintains, and grows ongoing customer engagement and referral pipelines that create incremental sales and revenue growth for companies like AT&T, Comcast, and Verizon. A self-directed visionary leader, MJ is passionate about individuals reaching their highest potential, and his specialty is creating a high-performance culture of self-awareness, continuous improvement, and accountability to maximize performance and results.
Outside of work, you will find MJ devoted to his growing family, as well as helping strengthen individuals and communities. He serves the less fortunate through Camp Hope for Kids and Greater Philadelphia Church of Christ and helps protect his community’s resources as a planning commissioner.
Brad Levin is the CEO and Founder of Legacy Wealth Partners. Brad is a financial industry veteran with with over 25 years of experience who is passionate about making a profoundly positive difference in the lives of the clients he serves. His broad range of expertise is truly unique in the profession. He is one of the few Certified Financial Planner practitioners to work as a hands-on portfolio manager and to hold the designation of Chartered Market Technician. Additionally, after going through his own divorce several years ago, Brad became a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst and Co-Founded Nextphase Divorce Advisors to offer guidance to couples and individuals navigating the challenging and emotionally chaotic process of negotiating the unwinding of their marital assets. This broad and rare combination of skillsets has enabled Brad to gain a deep level of analysis of financial matters and markets that is really unparalleled.
Open Board Positions
We are currently seeking volunteer board leaders with professional experience in marketing, law, finance, business, government, philanthropy, and the nonprofit sector.
Job Title: Board Member
Location: Rocky River, Ohio/Remote
Work hours: 4 Quarterly Board meetings and quarterly calls with Founder.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Founder as he develops and implements because I said I would’s programs, campaigns and initiatives.
- Review outcomes and metrics for the organization’s impact and effectiveness.
- Approve because I said I would annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Contribute to an annual performance evaluation of the Founder.
- Assist the Founder/CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other board members.
- Partner with the Founder and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are accomplished.
- Serve on committees or task forces and take on special assignments.
- Represent because I said I would to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization.
- Ensure because I said I would’s responsibility to a diverse and well-rounded Board of Directors and Associate Board, reflecting the various populations that the organization serves.
- Board members will consider because I said I would a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority.
- Assist with soliciting contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals.
- Board members must make an annual contribution of at least $10,000
Recruiting New Board Members
- Through networking opportunities, board members should be on the lookout for potential new board members who would bring additional knowledge, talent, experiences, and perspective to the board.
- They should educate and inform prospective board members about the work of the board and invite them to board meetings and other organizational activities.
- Board members should suggest possible candidates to the board as openings arise.
Because I said I would’s Board Members will serve a three-year term and can be eligible for one additional three-year term. Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings (when applicable) will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about because I said I would’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected members will have achieved leadership stature in a business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing board members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional finance, marketing or law experience in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
- A commitment to and understanding of because I said I would’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Personal qualities of accountability integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of because I said I would’s beneficiaries.
- Ability to make and keep a promise.