The Associate Board supports the work of because I said I would through specific action-based activities and leadership opportunities. While day-to-day operations are led by because I said I would’s Founder, the Board of Directors providing partnership and strategic governance, the Associate Board emphasizes ways to support both and continue to promote growth. We are currently seeking Associate Board volunteers with motivation to learn, grow, and become invested in the because I said I would mission.
If you are interested in a position with the Associate Board, please fill out the form below and make note of what activities you feel most strongly about getting involved in:
- Social Media presence
- Recruitment (volunteers, board members, etc.)
- Writing (content, grant applications, case studies, etc.)
- Other – let us know what you want to add!
If you are interested in an Associate Board position, please fill out the form below.
Open Board Positions
Job Title: Associate Board Member
Location: Rocky River, Ohio/Remote
Work hours: Monthly associate board meetings, either virtual or in-person, committee meetings and tasks as set by role (approx 3-10 hrs/month)
What will you do?
The Associate Board will support the work of because I said I would by providing mission-based leadership and expansion of the goals of the organization. While day-to-day operations are led by the Founder and chief executive officer (CEO), the Associate Board-Board-CEO relationship is essential to growth, and the appropriate involvement of the Associate Board within the overall team is both critical and expected. Specific Associate Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, Participation, and Growth
- Serve as advocates for the mission, work, and efforts of because i said i would
- Review outcomes and metrics along with the Board to review the organization’s impacts and effectiveness
- Identifying additional goals for Associate Board as fitting based on data analyzed
- Understanding because I said I would annual budget, gaining insight into ways in which Associate Board participation plays into budget and organizational decision making
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the Board and then Founder through observations and feedback from overlapping interactions
- Assisting the Board with identifying potential Associate Board and Board members
- Partnering with the Board and other members of the because i said i would team to ensure objectives are being followed up on
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Acting as an ambassador to the organization when at events or whenever networking chances are available
- Ensuring because i said i would’s responsibility to a diverse and well rounded Associate Board and Board that reflects the various populations that the organization serves
Associate Board Members will make an annual gift to because i said i would that reflects the priority of supporting the organization and mission. So that because i said i would is able to credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, because i said i would expects to have 100 percent of Associate Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity. This amount will be established by the individual with the Vice President of Development on an annual basis.
because I said I would‘s Associate Board Members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for two additional terms, with eligibility to request the opportunity to join the full Board after two terms have been served. Board meetings will be held monthly and committee meetings will be held as needed while established by the Associate Board during those meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about because I said I would’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected members will have achieved leadership stature in a business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing board members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A commitment to and understanding of because I said I would’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience.
- Personal qualities of accountability integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of because I said I would’s beneficiaries.
- Ability to make and keep a promise.
If you are interested in a position on the Associate Board, please fill out the form below.
Associate BoardIf you are interested in an Associate Board position, please fill out the form below.