I will maintain a healthy lifestyle during this difficult time to boost my immunity and reduce my stress levels.
Impact of the Promise
Eating a healthy, balanced diet and exercising consistently are both important parts of maintaining good health and can help you feel your best. With the COVID-19 outbreak keeping us all stuck indoors with limited food and resources, there are still ways we can maintain this healthy lifestyle. Take a look at our suggested action items below. Make sure you choose options that work the best for you but don’t be against trying new things like meditation!
- Make one healthy substitute each day (e.g. apple for a bag of chips, water for a soda, etc.).
- Research some practical immunity-boosting foods, and see what you can add to your diet. Start your grocery list here-https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/how-to-boost-your-immune-system!
- Take at least one walk a day by yourself (if possible) or select an online workout to do at home each day.
- Start or end your day with meditation or yoga.
- Make sure to get at least eight hours of sleep each night.
- Find an accountability partner, someone you can check in with on a weekly basis.
- Educate your friends and family by sharing workouts or healthy alternatives on social media.
- Start a list of all the healthy lifestyle changes you can make in a week.
- Don’t focus only on COVID-19 news. Limit yourself to one or two times a day to check the news.
- Don’t spend all your spare time on social media.
- Don’t only focus on exercising. A good balance of physical activity and relaxation are key.
- Don’t forget to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, throw it in the trash, and wash your hands after.
- Don’t go out if you are feeling sick.
Resources: “How to Boost Your Immune System” https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/how-to-boost-your-immune-system
Element of Honor
My greatest battle lies within. Control over one’s own emotions, desires and actions often defines the success or the failure of a promise. I work to build self-control so that I may better myself and the world around me.
Did you complete this Individual Action Plan?
If you have completed this Individual Action Plan, tell us about it!
Please share your experience here!