I will write bereavement cards expressing my sympathies for those who have lost a loved one due to COVID-19.
Impact of the Promise
More than 227,000 Americans have died from COVID-19 so far during the pandemic, leaving behind millions of families and friends grieving. Losing a loved one is always a difficult and challenging experience, but losing a loved one due to COVID-19 is especially hard. With many families unable to hold proper funerals or memorial services, many are struggling even more in the bereavement process.
According to Cleveland.com, Penn State study shows that every death from COVID-19 will impact approximately nine surviving close family members. Among those impacted will be children being raised by grandparents, younger adults losing parents and people in their 50s or 60s losing spouses”
Coping with grief may be expressed in many different ways, but we want to promote healthy methods of coping with grief. According to helpguide.org, the process of grieving can feel very lonely, even when you have loved ones around. Sharing your sorrow with others who have experienced similar losses can help. However, due to the current circumstances of the world it has been very difficult to receive closure and mourn over loved ones, but it is still possible for these bereaved individuals to receive support with your help through this action plan.
- Clean & disinfect your workspace
- Wash hands before you make your cards
- Follow these tips and guides on what to say
- Gather supplies: this includes paper, markers, crayons or whatever craft supplies you plan to use!
- Be creative & have fun
- Get your community/family involved
- Send/mail us your cards for distribution to families at the address below.(Large groups contact @firstname.lastname@example.org for asstistance with large mailings).
- Attn: Program impact team, because I said I would, 20525 Center Ridge Rd. Suite 365 Rocky River, OH 44116
- Don’t use words or phrases that may be religiously affiliated
- Don’t write cards if you or another family member has a cold, fever, or any other contagious virus
- Don’t say anything directly harmful
- Don’t personally try to find individuals you are writing the cards for
Bereavement Card Message and Tips
Coronavirus pandemic making it harder to mourn loved ones, but families are finding ways: Coping Through COVID
Coping with Grief and Loss
Element of Honor
Through my actions I seek to alleviate suffering, establish peace, and build happiness with others and in myself. I recognize that the world is in great need. Because of this need, I am needed. My belief in the importance of a promise is strong; however, I know that doing what is right will always be more important than keeping a promise. Commitment holds me accountable to my compassion; it does not blind me of it.
Did you complete this Individual Action Plan?
If you have completed this Individual Action Plan, tell us about it!
Please share your experience here!