Sometimes it’s difficult to think about the kind of promise that you would like to make. There are a lot of areas in life that could use more commitment and accountability. The Promise Idea Generator is a tool to help make thinking about a promise easier!
Here’s what to do:
- Make sure you have a blank Promise Card to write on. (If you don’t, CLICK HERE to get yours)
- Download the free Promise Idea Generator BELOW.
- Read through the categories. You’ll see we started a traditional resolutions list and non-humanitarian ideas to get you started.
- Consider the categories and write down your ideas.
- Afterward, take some time to develop your promise. (You can use this Promise Planner if you need some guidance writing your Promise Card)
- Write your new commitment on your Promise Card!
Things to remember:
This is a contemplation exercise. Contemplation from our Code of Honor means: “I reserve time to understand the world and attempt to understand my place in it. When I see that my commitment is needed, I remember that promises are not easy to keep. I believe in planning and careful consideration. My words and actions have consequences. I should be patient with both”.
*Adobe Reader is required in order to view this file, please be sure to download it here if you do not already have it.