COVID-19 Update: While we are excited to begin offering volunteer opportunities at our camp headquarters, the safety of our volunteers is of the utmost importance to us. We ask that if anyone is feeling sick, please cancel and stay home.
Want to use your skills for the greater good? If you live in Central Ohio, or are looking for an overnight getaway that supports our nonprofit charity, and would like to serve as a volunteer with because I said I would, we’d love to hear from you! There are many volunteer opportunities for one-time service as well as regular and project-related assistance for our organization.
Our address is:
3483 McCament Rd
Walhonding, OH 43843
All volunteers must sign our volunteer waiver or if under the age of 18, have a parent or guardian sign for them. You can e-sign the waiver here.
Regular and Project-Related Service:
As part of our commitment to encouraging volunteerism, we have opportunities for individuals willing to serve on a recurring basis with our organization and have options for most ages and skill levels. Our volunteers help us maintain daily operations as well as work on projects that support the ongoing development of the organization. In addition, we involve volunteers so we can tap into knowledge, experiences, and talents beyond what our professional staff already bring to the organization and its work. Some opportunities require certain skills and experience, while others are more general. Positions are flexible, training is provided, and schedules are based mostly on volunteer interest and availability. These types of volunteer opportunities include:
- Computer (data entry and general internet research)
- Shop for Supplies (list and funds provided)
- Driving (using own car to pick up supplies)
- Driving (using organization’s car to transport staff to airports/speaking engagements)
- Organizing Materials/Spaces at Headquarters
- Ambassadors (representing the organization at community events)
- Assisting with Photography and Filming
- Developing Character Education Lessons and Activities (great for future/current/retired teachers!)
- Proofreading and Editing Content
- Social Media Writing
- Designing training materials for Character Education presentations
- Participating on an Advisory Board that meets quarterly to review Character Education content and materials – professionals such as teachers, counselors, social workers desired
Have other skills? Let us know! Other opportunities may be available to best suit your interests.
Adults interested in learning more about serving as a regular volunteer with the organization should complete the Volunteer Interest Form, found HERE. Once we receive your form, and additional steps are completed successfully, you will be invited to complete a New Volunteer Orientation that will provide additional information about because I said I would and next steps to get involved. Thank you for your interest; we look forward to meeting you and having you as a part of the because I said I would team!
Because I said I would has volunteer internships for students with a desire to learn about working at a social movement nonprofit. Not all of us think about working at nonprofits as a career. Think again. You will not only gain experience in your future career, but experience how fulfilling a career can be when your skills are used for the greater good. That is what because I said I would offers. An opportunity to experience a social movement dedicated to the betterment of humanity. This is more than just any internship. Apply here.