About this video
Heroes rise to the occasion and answer the call. The world needs you now. Learn 3 volunteering habits and tactics to help motivate you to start making a difference
Habits & Tactics
- Set realistic expectations
- Cognitive reframing
- Volunteer with friends
Watch the video and then use these questions to get a deeper understanding of the topic.
- Use cognitive reframing to take the sentences below from a negative to a positive.
- I have to do my school work from Home
- I can’t go to my friend’s house and still comply with the COVID guidelines.
- I have to help with the dishes so my parent can work from home.
Now, see if you can come up with two of your own.
- Brainstorm some ideas about volunteer experiences that you and your friends or family can do during this time. Consider the special circumstances we are in and always put your safety first.
If you need ideas, check out our Individual Action Plans.
- We know that volunteering helps others, but what are 3 ways that volunteering helps the volunteer?
Did you enjoy this video?
We are able to make content like this available to you completely free of charge because of generous donors like you. Please give today. A little goes a very long way.
Did you know?
This video is used in our character development programs in schools, juvenile detention centers and prisons. Practical habits and tactics that support character traits can increase graduation rates, decreasing teen suicide and even reduce violent crime. To learn more about the impact of our programs, click here.
The following resources were used in the making the of this video.
- Carnegie Medal
- Urban Institute The Nonprofit Sector in Brief 2018: Public Charities, Giving, and Volunteering – (Table 6)
- The Cooperative Instinct