Note: If embedded video above does not work, you can view the same video directly on YouTube.
Thank you for volunteering your time and assistance!
As a volunteer, your role will be to ensure supporters can:
- Receive more information about our programs!
- Easily find and purchase merchandise
Phase 1: Setting Up for the Meet & Greet
- Please wear a mask. Extra masks are available in the supply case if needed.
- Fill out a volunteer waiver form, it’s located in the accordion folder.
- Grab a shirt and wear it. It’s free 🙂 Thank you for volunteering!
- Take out the EMPTY CASH BAG and STARTER CASH BAG from the accordion folder. Count the starter cash and write the number next to the Starting Cash Amount on the empty cash bag.
- Lay out a tablecloth on each of the tables. Multiple tables are set up exactly the same.
- Set out all products and items onto their respective spots on the tablecloth.
- Don’t throw away the boxes! You will be shipping these boxes back using prepaid return labels (found in the accordion folder).
- Set up the Photo Backdrop
- Turn on all credit card machines and test the credit card machines with the speaker’s credit card. Make sure machines are charged.
Phase 2: Running the Table
- Establish a CASH LINE and a CREDIT CARD LINE. This helps transactions run more smoothly. Keep asking for the next customer in line.
- Give a tri-fold brochure to everyone that visits the table. The brochure provides additional details about our nonprofit.
- Ask people if they want a free wristband! Sign up for the newsletter using a clipboard or drop a business card into the basket.
- Event Order Forms are available in the accordion folder if we run out of merchandise.
Phase 3: Shutting Down & Packing Up
- Pack all the supplies in the supply case.
- Pack PHOTO BACKDROP in the long rectangular box.
- Pack all merchandise in the cardboard boxes.
- The PROMISE WALL stays with the host.
- Apply shipping labels (found in the accordion folder) over the old labels on the boxes that are being mailed back. Unused boxes can be recycled.
- Count cash follow the instructions on the EMPTY CASH BAG. Put the cash, receipts, Monthly Newsletter Sign Ups, Post Event Conversation Notes, and any Event Order Forms into the EMPTY CASH BAG. Seal the envelope and give it to the speaker.
- Drop off all boxes at a predetermined drop off location. Any questions? Call us at any time!