About this video
4 reasons our memories fail us. How false memories affect our everyday lives and our ability to keep Promises. Overcome the barriers that memory creates in keeping promises.
Watch the video and then use these questions to get a deeper understanding of the topic.
- Test your memory.
- Look at these pictures for 30 seconds.
- Cover them or look away and see how many names of pictures you can write down. When you can’t think of any others, check to see how many you got right. How did you do?
- What is an accountability partner? How could you use an accountability partner to help your memory in keeping your promises?
- See if you can remember the 3 tips from the video. How can use the first two tips to help keep a promise?
Did you enjoy this video?
We are able to make content like this available to you completely free of charge because of generous donors like you. Please give today. A little goes a very long way.
Did you know?
This video is used in our character development programs in schools, juvenile detention centers and prisons. Practical habits and tactics that support character traits can increase graduation rates, decreasing teen suicide and even reduce violent crime. To learn more about the impact of our programs, click here.
The following resources were used in the making the of this video.
- The Formation of False Memories https://www.healio.com/psychiatry/jou…
- What people believe about memory https://journals.plos.org/plosone/art…
- Eyewitness memory https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1…