Because I said I would has an exciting announcement! This is something for which hundreds of teachers throughout the United States and across the globe have been asking for and we would like you to be a part of it!
In January we launched pilot because I said I would high school chapters at three schools.
The because I said I would youth Character Education Program promotes strong youth character by making and keeping individual and Unified Promises (UPs) and engaging in humanitarian involvement, which creates positive change in their schools and communities. Some of our program objectives are as follows:
- Understand the importance of volunteerism in the community
- Understand the importance of accountability
- Learning tactical skills to get better at keeping promises.
- Evaluate promise keeping practices
We’ve received very positive feedback from these three schools. We would like to expand to three additional schools in fall of 2018.
Because our headquarters is located in Rocky River, Ohio we are only opening up this opportunity to schools that are within a 30 miles radius of HQ or near one of our already established chapter cities (Akron, Columbus, and Cleveland).
We want you to consider applying for this unique opportunity; to launch a because I said I would High School Chapter in Fall 2018 at your school, but we need your help!
- A 10 month commitment (meetings will be once a month for one hour). In addition, the chapter will execute 2 volunteer projects.
- Hosting a free because I said I would assembly speech by Alex Sheen this Fall.
- A minimum of 10 committed students, and one full leadership team
- Meeting space at your school (meeting must be open to all high school students)
- Committed teacher/chapter adviser and assistant teacher adviser.
- Attend in person training early Fall 2018
Because I said I would will provide the following:
- Promise cards for meetups
- Content for meetup (videos, content, promising practices, worksheets, etc.)
- Wristbands for students
- Some technology may be given to chapter depending on school need (ie. Camera, laptop)
- Money to provide food at each meeting (pending timing)
- Because I said I would materials
- Web portal
Leadership training will also be provided.
We are so excited for the future of our Character Development programs and the impact of because I said I would School Chapters. We look forward to teaching the significance behind promises, accountability, and leadership to our youth.
Apply by July 1st to be considered for Fall 2018
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this opportunity further, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or at 216-409-0422. Please pass along to all teachers in your school to consider this opportunity.
Please apply by filling out the form below.