Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Donate to because I said I would.
100% of your donation goes directly to our charitable programs. Not a penny of your support is bogged down by administrative expenses. How? All of our organization’s overhead expenses are covered by our Founder’s speaking engagement fees. Many influential speakers keep their speaking fees as personal income, but Alex ensures that all of his earnings are given to charity. We promise that your support will be used to purchase supplies and equipment for community-based volunteer projects, character education materials for kids and other essential programming costs.
– 12,815,000 Promise Cards have been distributed to over 153 countries by request only
– 155,007 K-12 students have attended live character education programming
– 7 High School Chapters use our Character Education programming and execute volunteer projects in their community
We have kept promises to help people going through poverty, hunger, disease, environmental issues, behavioral and mental health challenges and other critical problems. By working on a range of humanitarian issues we help build more knowledgeable citizens, while uniquely focusing on the power of keeping a promise!
Thank you so much for believing in the importance of a promise.
Did you know? That most employers will match your gift. Double your impact today. Please check with your organization to see if this is available!